Approaches to learning
is concerned with developing the intellectual discipline, attitudes, strategies and skills that will result in critical, coherent and independent thought and the capacity for problem solving and decision-making.
The Personal Project
The Personal Project is undertaken by students towards the end of their M4 year and the M5 year. It is a piece of independent work of the student’s own choice prepared over a period of time and guided by a teacher (supervisor).
The aims of the personal project are to:
• allow each student to inquire into topics of interest and using an area of interaction as the main focus.
• enable each student to demonstrate knowledge, skills and attitudes required to complete a project over an extended period of time.
• give each student the opportunity to reflect on your own and or with others.
• allow each student to move towards thoughtful and positive action.
• enable each student to develop confidence as a lifelong learner.
Some examples of past Personal Projects:
- One Orphan; A complete Education : A fund raising project for a year's worth of tuition fees for an orphan
- Creating awareness about human trafficking in West Africa
- Hosting a basketball camp for local students
- Engaging with the community through theatre