P2/3 (above) made healthy smoothies as part of their learning. They were very tasty!
I always love the end of unit celebrations. There is always so much happening and it is great to see enthusiastic students inspired by their learning. This week the P2/3 class taught ‘Filthy Phil’ to be healthy (see image below), wrote recipes and then made smoothies, shared their books with the M1 class and discussed the significance of bread all around the world.
The P4/5 class sang a song, created biomes and posters which they shared with all the PYP students at Share time.
Happy children learn best! It has been great to hear from parents that their children go home and tell their parents what they have been doing at school. If your child doesn’t share information with you try asking them these questions (Source https://www.scholastic.com)
1. Tell me about the best part of your day.
2. What was the hardest thing you had to do today?
3. Did any of your classmates do anything funny?
4. Tell me about what you read in class.
5. Who did you play with today? What did you play?
6. Do you think math [or any subject] is too easy or too hard?
7. What’s the biggest difference between this year and last year?
8. What rules are different at school than our rules at home? Do you think they’re fair?
9. Who did you sit with at lunch? What did you eat?
10. Can you tell me something you learned (or did) today?
I am currently away climbing Mt Hanang with the OP Peaks Level 3 trip but I will see you all on Monday!