UWC East Africa Health Guidelines are based on research and school best practice including input from UWC International meetings and expert personnel and have been adapted to best fit our climate and campuses here in Tanzania. These guidelines, and our accompanying self-screening protocols, apply to all members of the community regardless of whether individuals have been COVID vaccinated or have been previously infected.
1. Students and staff who are well (healthy) should attend school every day.
2. Symptom self-screening checklist are in place for secondary residential students (residential parent screening for primary students) and parental screening for day students. Checklist will be provided for all students.
3. Symptom self-screening checklist to be completed daily by all staff before reporting to work.
4. Students and staff with underlying, related health issues MUST report these. For staff to the Head of Campus. For students, parents need to update the medical forms with this information.
5. If any students or staff – or anyone they live with – develop Coronavirus symptoms, they will be asked to stay away from school until they experience four, symptom-free days.
6. Facemasks are permitted but not required, for students and staff.
7. Students or staff who leave the country are now no longer required to isolate before returning to school PROVIDED international travel protocols, as stipulated by the Tanzanian Government, have been adhered to.
8. Staff, students and parents are reminded to take sensible precautions when travelling within Tanzania.
School and classroom setup guidelines
9. Hand washing stations at the entrance and across the campuses for all students as they enter.
10. Keep classroom doors and windows open to encourage air flow.
11. Students and staff are reminded to respect appropriate social distancing where possible.
12. As much outdoor teaching as possible.
13. Assemblies to be held outdoors where possible. Whole-school, indoor events postponed.
14. Timetable and room allocation manipulated to minimize student movement.
15. All students and staff required to hand wash/sanitize regularly. At least every time they arrive and depart from the classroom.
16. Hand sanitizer in every classroom, to be used every class change.
17. Staggered mealtimes will be continued, making use of indoor and outdoor spaces.
18. Housekeeping to disinfect classroom surfaces and door handles regularly.
19. Excursions/OP to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis after risk assessment.
20. External CAS partnerships to be evaluated and/or adapted on a case-by-case basis after risk assessment.
21. Sporting events and PE to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis after risk assessment.
22. Class trips will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis after risk assessment.
23. After school activities will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis looking at location and physical contact.
Guidelines for Parents and Visitors
22. All parents and visitors must wear masks inside school buildings.
23. Hand washing stations at the entrance of the school for all parents and visitors. Parents and visitors must wash hands before entering campus.
24. Parents and visitors should only enter school buildings by appointment.
25. All delivery vehicles will be stopped at the gate. Where possible offloading will take place at the gate.
26. Community activities as approved by the Head of Campus.
27. Outdoor facilities accessible during posted;rtrt, but the changing rooms are limited to students only.
THIS DOCUMENT WAS LAST UPDATED BY THE SENIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM OF UWC EAST AFRICA ON:
27TH JULY 2021