We hope this finds you and your families safe and well.
Now that schools are open in Tanzania, we can start making more use of the school facilities. We invite you to come use the pool from 2-6pm everyday but Wednesday and Thursday. We will be adding those later as well. The playground area, tennis courts and pitches are also available. As we are using this time to make some minor repairs around campus and all the teachers and educational assistants are away, we do need to adhere to a few rules:
- Students below 12 years of age need to be accompanied by a parent.
- Students are not allowed in areas other than those mentioned above due to risks from the construction work that includes electrical cables. Please follow the road up past the Kijana boarding house and turn down by the horses to get to the pool and other sports facilities. Please do not walk (or cycle) through the school.
- The front gate is the only one open, please wash hands as you enter.
- Please only use the restrooms at the changing area as the others will have some work being done.
PYP day camp at school
During the weeks of July 13th and 20th we will be having a free camp for PYP students. Right now, we are looking at 8:00am to noon Monday to Friday. We will be sending out more information in the coming week.
Next academic year
We are heartened to see that so many of our students are planning to return next year and that we have a good number of new students joining us. Whilst we appreciate that the current global situation makes any prediction difficult, we remain hopeful that we will be able to open as planned in August. Please see the important dates below:
- New Teachers arrive: July 30th
- New D1 Students arrive: August 3rd
- Teacher Inset starts: August 4th
- D1 student orientation starts: August 4th
- All other residential students arrive: August 9th
- First day of classes: August 10th
Remissions for 2020/2021
We are aware that the tourist industry has been hit particularly badly and take this opportunity to remind you that to make your application for a remission as early as possible. It remains our utmost desire to ensure that all our students are able to return to us for the next academic year. In addition to our general remissions, and with the school board, we are also exploring the possibility for a limited number of remission places for our shareholders. Whilst the exact details of these need to be worked out, and the Director will be working with the Moshi PTA representative to the Board to do this, it is important to note that these would have no impact on our current remissions budget.
- Ian Smejkal – Is coming to teach French and Spanish with his wife Stephanie and son Alex.
- Samuel Wilkinson – Is coming to teach Music and has worked at Waterford in Swaziland.
- Moya Laufer – Is coming to teach English, but also has a background in Drama.
- Penny Fitchet – Will be physically joining us after helping via distance. She has experience in History, Art and English.
- Hilda Kashasha – Will be working in MYP science and ESS after her two years as an intern with us.
We also have a likely new Head of Residence that we are finalizing, and I will introduce him soon. Anna and I are also actively interviewing for a new Chemistry and Math teacher.
Bob Cofer and Anna Marsden will be on campus on Wednesday 8th July 2020 at 10 am near the main office. Please feel free to join us for coffee and cake. We will be there to answer your questions and give any further updates we may have. If preferred, we could also run this as a virtual session later in the week. Please let us know which you would like.
Bob Cofer & Anna Marsden